Lap Pool Lane Reservation
We are pleased to offer our members scheduled lap swimming while adhering to our infection prevention requirements. This will look a little different than you are used to during this time. Please note, this reservation time is designated for swimming.
- Lanes can be reserved for 30-minute intervals from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. by members who are at least 18 years old.
- Three lanes will be designated for use with one person per lane to allow for 6-foot social distancing in the pool.
- Members will need to bring their own equipment if needed.
- Please also note that the hot tub and sauna is closed.
- Locker Rooms are open.
How to schedule:
You can view the available times and book your lane up to 24-hours in advance in the Member Portal. Take advantage of our NEW Member Portal app to optimize your reservation experience!
If you would like to schedule time in both the Lap and Family Aquatics Center pools, you will need to call the Welcome Desk for assistance. 603-742-2163
About our Lap Pool
Our 4 lane, 25 yard lap pool is kept at a cool 82-84 degrees. Just right for Aquatic exercise classes such as Aquafit, Masters Swim and many others.
All lanes in the lap pool are noted as Lap/Swim lanes. Children under the age of 14, when accompanied by an adult and swimming laps are allowed any time. No noodles, bar bells etc, lap swimming only. (kickboards and their own equipment like fins, paddles etc allowed)
This is a shared space and some class times are subject to change. It is widely used by swimmers and walkers alike. Higher level swim lessons are also taught in the lap pool.
Children under 14 are generally not allowed unless they are lap swimming for exercise under direct adult supervision.
Our Co-Ed spa is kept at 100-102 degrees and can be enjoyed by those 16 and older. (Currently closed)
Pool Rules (applies to all pools and spa)
- Please shower before enjoying the pools or spa
- Lifeguards, when on duty, are in charge of the pool and the safety of our members and guests
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older to swim in all pools
- Lap pool swimmers can be younger than 14 if accompanied by an adult and swimming laps for exercise
- If your child is wearing a floatation device, you must be in the water, within arms reach
- No inflatable floatation devices of any type are allowed
- Deck is slippery when wet
- No running or running jumps
- No Diving and please no Flips or Twists when jumping
- No Horseplay: pushing, shoving, riding on shoulders
- No Hanging on ropes
- No food or drinks, other than water, in the FAC or Lap Pool or within 5 feet of the Outdoor Family Aquatic Center
- No breath holding or prolonged underwater swimming
- Please see a lifeguard if you have any questions or need assistance
Lap Pool Programs
Our Masters Swim Program will not be restarting just yet. Please check our updates here.
This program is for adults ages (18+) who are seeking to improve their endurance as well as refine and improve their strokes. The instructor is a certified U.S. Masters Swimming Coach who prepares workouts appropriate to meet the goals of the program and supported by Great Bay Masters.
Meet Richard, Master’s Swim Instructor:
Over the last four years I have been part of the Great Bay Masters Team and have competed in New England swim meets, qualified and swam in the USMS Nationals and ventured out into open water races. Looking to continue and give back to the swimming community, I hold my USMS Level one and level two coaching certifications. With these certifications and volunteering at local USMS ALTS Program (Adult Learn to Swim), I was approached to see if I would like to extend my experience and certifications in the program I first started at (The Works master’s swim program). Given the opportunity to give back and encourage new and existing swimmers to learn and develop additional skills is exciting!
Free for Members
Community: Prepurchase a 10-time session: $100 (11th session free) by calling Guest Services 603-742-2163
NEW in 2020: Members, please preregister at Guest Services prior to attending your session.
Questions about Masters Swim? Email Sarah.
Lap Pool Challenge
Current Challenge: October 1 - December 31, 2020: Lap Pool Blue Ridge Mountain Marathon. Learn more here.
Learn more here about our activity app and how to use for the challenge.