Learn how to make a difference. Save a life.
Be ready for the summer!
Next Class Schedule:
April Vacation Week Certification Class
- Tuesday, April 23rd: Pretest from 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Wednesday, April 24th: 4:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25th: 4:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday, April 26th: 4:30pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, April 27th: 9:00am-3:00pm
Get certified in 2019! Lifeguard positions may be available!
Instructions on how to log into our NEW Club Automation Portal for members and community members are listed at the link above.
Pretest: *First Fridays for each class session.
Acceptance into the class requires the pretest to be completed and passed. Class continuation on Friday evening dependent on a positive outcome.
- Be at least 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards, continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Swim goggles are not allowed.
Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath.
Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Requirements for successful completion of the course include:
1. Attend and participate in all class sessions.
2. Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
3. Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
4. Correctly answer at least 80 percent of the questions in each of the two sections of the final written exam.
Participants will be granted one second attempt at the final skills practical test and as well as the final written exam. However, if after the second attempt participant is still unable to demonstrate competency of the rescue skill scenarios or a passing score of at least 80% on the final written exam, the participant will be required to repeat the entire lifeguard course again and will be responsible for paying any course fees related to that class again. Any and all fees related to the failed course are non-refundable and official documentation of the participants failure must be submitted to the Red Cross.
NEW! Pricing includes Manuals, CPR Rescue Masks and whistles!
Email us today with questions
Water Safety Instructor Class
WSI Dates and Times
Friday, May 17
5:00pm - 6pm Pretest
This will take place in the water & homework assigned.
Please contact Sarah if you cannot make this initial time.
Sunday, May 19
9:00am - 2:00pm
Thursday, May 23
5:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday, May 25
9:00am - 1:00pm
Sunday, May 26
9:00am - 12:00pm
Contact us today you are interested in becoming a certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and get started teaching children and adults to swim and become more comfortable in the water.
Pretest consists of:
- 25 yards - Front Crawl, Back Crawl, Breaststroke, Elementary Backstroke, Sidestroke
- 15 yards - Butterfly
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute and tread water for 1 minute
Separate Red Cross Online fee:$35:00
- Member $325
- Non-Member $375
Contact us to learn more about how to become a certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and teach children and adults to swim and become more comfortable in the water. Must be 16 +
Interested in a class? We can coordinate a class if we have a minimum of 3 participants. Contact us for more details or if you have any questions?
Email us today