Wentworth-Douglass Hospital's Rehabilitation Services, Seacoast Cancer Center and The Works Health & Fitness Center are pleased to offer an exercise program for cancer survivors.
Physician referral to the Physical Therapy Department will initiate an assessment for an individualized exercise program. When medically appropriate, patients will be transitioned to a group exercise class at The Works. Patients will receive 3-months in the program free of charge at The Works to assist them in their recovery exercise program. Fitness Specialists at The Works will continue supervision of the exercise program.
- Prevent secondary complications
- Increase independence
- Decrease psychological and social stresses related to the disease process.
- Maintain and increase cardiopulmonary function
- Cancer Survivor Aquatics Program
- A specialized program designed to help cancer survivors enjoy a cardiovascular-centered workout in a fun group setting.
- Gentle warm-up
- Group lap-walking/jogging
- Heart rate monoriting
- Strength training
- Relaxing cool-down
Survivor Aquatics may help:
- Improve energy level
- Manage lymphedema
- Control weight, Increase flexibility
- Create variety in training
- Improve stamina
- Enhance sense of well-being