- All members and guests must check in at the Welcome Center either through our full service or self service gate. Membership cards are required to enter the club and must be scanned with each visit. Our staff will ask you for your picture, this ensures you and all other members that all members are completely verified when they enter the center.
- Lost membership cards may be replaced for FREE at our Welcome Center/Guest Services.
- Membership dues cover general admission and certain classes offered at The Works.
- However, membership dues do not include certain services such as personal nutrition evaluations, personal training sessions, refreshments and specialized programs.
- Appointments with Fitness Trainers must be scheduled in advance. To schedule an appointment, please contact the fitness desk. Appointments will not be held past 15 minutes from your scheduled time.
Member Rules & Regulations
As a department of Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, The Works strives to ensure a safe, friendly and enjoyable environment that enables our members and guests to maximize their health and well-being.
- We value and appreciate the uniqueness of each member from novice to experienced participants in all aspects of exercise available here at The Works.
- We envision our club as a unique community of dedicated individuals who support, inspire and respect each other.
- We welcome your questions, suggestions and concerns, and look forward to the ongoing process of progressively evolving this club into the most extraordinary family health & fitness experience possible.
The Works asks all of our members and guests to adhere to the following rules and regulations. Please feel free to call us at 603-742-2163 for more information.
Parking is available for members and guests in specially designated areas. The Works has recently increased the number of existing spaces. We are also very proud of our eco-friendly porous pavement parking lot, one of the largest in New England. Parking during the hours of 6am-6pm, Monday-Friday in front of the gymnasium is reserved for our Early Learning Center (Pre School and Kindergarten). Violators will be towed.
The Member Health Questionnaire must be filled out and signed by all members at the time of joining Any “YES” responses to the Member Health Questionnaire will require a signed medical waiver from a physician.
- All members and guests must sign an Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release from Liability form that releases Wentworth-Douglass Hospital and The Works of all responsibility for injuries you may incur while exercising in the facility.
- It is strongly recommended that you receive permission from your physician before beginning any exercise program.
- Exercise may be strenuous, and you are advised to exercise at your own risk. Always exercise at your own level and pace.
- At any time The Works reserves the right to obtain medical clearance if it is believed that a member or a guest may be in danger due to excessive exercise.
- Each member is responsible for informing The Works staff of any change in health or medical status during the membership term.
- In the event you begin to experience chest pain, difficulty breathing, dizziness, weakness/numbness or other symptoms, stop exercising and immediately inform The Works staff.
- Report any facility-related injury to The Works staff as soon as possible.
Membership Cancellation Policy
If you should ever need to cancel your membership at The Works your resignation request must be received by the 15th of the month in order to not be charged for the following month. Members wishing to cancel their membership may cancel in person, or by mailing their written notice to the center. Email and telephone correspondence does not qualify as an acceptable form of resignation.
Resignation from the center shall not relieve the member of the responsibility to pay all charges and fines incurred during the duration of membership.
- We encourage our members to bring guests as often as they wish. Guest fees are available at our Welcome Center/Guest Services and our website.
- All guests must report to the Welcome Center to buy a guest pass or sign a Guest Waiver that may have been provided to them.
- All guests are expected to comply with and are subject to the same rules and regulations as Works members. Unless you are coming in to watch a swim lesson or other program your child or grandchild may be in, you must buy a guest pass while supervising a child using the pool or other area of the facility.
- Groups of all sizes are also welcome to use the facility. You may be asked to sign individual waivers or group waivers depending on the size of your group when entering the club.
- The Works requests that all members and guests obey a general code of proper conduct that respects the rights of others to enjoy our facilities. These rights include but are not limited to health, safety, and privacy.
- The Works does not permit disrupting or interfering with the workout of another member. All members and guests must respect the rights of others with courteous and appropriate behavior. The use of foul language is strictly prohibited.
- To ensure the privacy and safety of all members, cameras or photos of any kind are not allowed in any locker room.
- Tobacco, food, chewing gum, glass bottles, and cans are not allowed in the exercise areas of the facility. Plastic water bottles are acceptable. Spills must be cleaned up by the member or guest immediately.
- Alcohol, drugs, and banned substances are not allowed in The Works facility.
Weapons of any type (firearms, ammunition, knives, or any instrument or device used for fighting, attack or defense) are not allowed on the property or in the facility.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the premises.
- Smoking of any type is not permitted in The Works facility and on the grounds.
- All Works members and guests are expected to use their best efforts to care for the equipment and facilities.
- All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult 18+ at all times.
- The Works reserves the right to revoke any membership at any time for conduct contrary to the best interest of the center and its members. Upon revocation, The Works will refund any unused portion of dues previously paid.
- Any complaints regarding the conduct of The Works staff or of a member or guest should be reported directly to The Works management in writing.
We have 2 indoor pools and one outdoor pool. The indoor Lap pool has a co-ed hot tub next to it. There are rules and regulations posted in each area. Here are some of the highlights.
Indoor Lap Pool
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted in the pool except during a designated time for lessons or Open Lap Swim.
- No food or drink allowed within 5’ of water.
- No Lifeguards on duty
- No inflatable flotation devices are allowed in any of the bodies of water.
Co-Ed Hot Tub
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted in the hot tub.
Indoor Family Aquatic Center
- All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+. Slide use-You must be a minimum of 50” tall or pass swim test from a lifeguard or swim councilor.
- Life Guards are on duty during designated times.
- No food or drink is allowed within 5 ft. of the water.
Outdoor Family Pool
All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+. Slide use-You must be a minimum of 50” tall or pass swim test from a lifeguard or swim councilor.
Life Guards are on duty during designated times.
No food or drink is allowed within 5 ft. of the water.
No alcohol beverages are permitted on the premises.
No glass of any kind is allowed at the pool.
Coolers are subject to inspection for glass and alcoholic beverages.
Loss & Damage to Personal Property
The Works is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items. Valuables should be secured in lockers. Please bring your own lock (or purchase one from our Welcome Center) and remove it at the end of your workout. No bags, coats or personal items are allowed in the fitness areas.
- All members and guests may use a locker based on availability.
- Men’s & Women’s Adult locker rooms on the second floor are for our members and guests 18+.
- The Family locker rooms on the first floor can be used for children of the opposite sex up until the age of 4. If you have a child over 4 of the opposite sex, you may use one of our 4 individual changing rooms near the Family Aquatic Center.
- All property must be removed from lockers immediately following workouts.
- Lockers shall not be used to store any property.
- The Works offers rental lockers in various parts of the facility for your convenience. Rental fees are available at our Welcome Center.
- Changing into exercise attire must be performed in the locker/shower room.
- No photography of any kind is permitted
Dress Code & Hygeine
- When using the exercise equipment, members and guests must wear proper training attire, particularly shirts and athletic shoes at all times. Open toed shoes (sandals) and outside footwear are not permitted.
- Bare feet are not allowed outside of locker rooms or pool areas.
- Proper personal hygiene must be maintained by showering regularly, wearing clean clothing and using deodorant.
- Please refrain from using perfumes, fragrant lotions or colognes as they may be offensive to others.
The Gymnasium is intended to be used for multiple activities. Please be certain to check the gym schedule for availability.
- Should you use the open side of the gym while a program is being conducted, please be respectful of the program and stay on the open side for the duration.
- Please clean the sole of your shoes or wear clean shoes on the gymnasium floor.
- Only water is allowed in the gym, please refrain from bringing food or sugary drinks into the gym.
- Many different age groups use the gymnasium, please be certain to share the open space and be respectful of other members.
- Basketballs are provided by the works and must remain in the gymnasium at all times. Please return your ball to the rack in the gym when you finish.
- Foul language will not be tolerated.
- Observe weight room etiquette and demonstrate courtesy towards others in the room at all times.
- Utilize spotters when appropriate.
- Members must use safety bars when using the squat racks, leg sled and Smith machine. Set the safety bars about one inch lower than your lowest movement with the bar.
- Dumbbells and weight plates must not be dropped on the floor.
- Weight plates are not to be leaned against equipment and machines.
- Collars are to be used at all times to secure weights on bars.
- After utilizing equipment, bars must be stripped, and plates and dumbbells returned to proper storage areas.
- Please use only one piece of equipment at a time, and take turns with others.
- It is the responsibility of each member and guest to wipe down the equipment with a disinfectant wipe that The Works provides throughout the exercise areas in the facility after use.
- The time limit for cardio equipment during busy periods is limited to 30 minutes per machine. If no one is waiting, you may continue to use the equipment.
- Please also be considerate when informing a fellow exerciser that you are patiently waiting for their machine. Ask them how long they have to complete their session.
- Please reset all cardio machines for the next member.
- Members and guests should report all equipment malfunctions and specific concerns immediately to The Works staff.
- Please follow the specific guidelines set forth for each class.
- Please refrain from outside conversations during class as it is distracting for fellow class members and your instructor.
- A proper warm-up is essential for avoiding injuries. Therefore, no one will be permitted to enter a class if more than 10 minutes late.
- A proper cool-down and stretch is also important after working out. If you need to leave early, please inform your instructor and allow yourself an extra 5 minutes to cool down properly.
- All fitness equipment used during the class must be wiped down and put away.
The Works facilities and services are intended for the enjoyment of its members and guests. The Works facilities may not be utilized to promote special interests or requests without the permission of The Works management