The Works Safe Care Commitment
Click here to download our Safe Care Commitment.
Please note, upon returning to The Works to participate in an appointment, class or service you must read and sign the Safe Care Commitment Member Responsibility. We ask that you bring your signed copy the first time you are in. (We will have copies at the Welcome Center- please allow time prior to your appointment or class.)
Youth Programs: Safe Care Commitment
Beginning September 14, all all members utilizing youth programs will also need to review and sign the Youth Safe Care Commitment form prior to your child's first visit back. See form here.
OUR SAFE CARE COMMITMENT
The Works is Committed to Keeping You Safe While You Pursue Your Health & Wellness Goals! Here are some of the steps we are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
WE SCREEN to protect you, your families and our staff:
- Anyone who enters The Works – including members, patients, and staff – will be asked some simple symptom screening questions upon entry.
- Anyone with symptoms of a possible respiratory illness or a recent travel history will not be allowed entry. (If you've travelled internationally on a cruise ship or traveled domestically outside of New England, you may not visit The Club within 14 days of your return.)
WE CLEAN our hands and spaces, and make it easy for you to do the same:
- Anyone entering The Works will be asked to sanitize their hands. Hand sanitizer stations are also readily available throughout the facility.
- The team is continuing its aggressive cleaning and disinfecting protocols and adding safeguards to prevent the spread of infection, including:
- Designated staff to disinfect high-touch areas throughout the day.
- FDA-approved disinfectants for coronavirus are used to properly disinfect. o Open locker rooms cleaned and maintained.
- Shower signs to alert customers which showers are clean.
- Infared light technology to confirm the effectiveness of our cleaning.
- Double the number of machine wipe stations through the facility.
WE PROTECT everyone in our environment:
- Everyone in our facilities, both staff and patients, will be wearing hospital-issued surgical masks provided by The Works. Please wear the mask as often as possible.
- If you must remove the mask during active exercise, please maintain a minimum 10-foot distance between yourself and others.
- Everyone should practice good physical distancing – keeping at least 6 feet apart from others. We have rearranged spaces and equipment, and reduced class sizes and room capacities to accommodate this physical distancing.
- We are following Wentworth-Douglass Hospital's Visitor Policy when appropriate to limit the number of people in the facility.
Additional safety measures that we have implemented include:
- Water fountains have been disabled, but bottle refill stations are available. Individual water bottles will be available for purchase.
- Hair dryers have been removed from locker rooms.
- No cash will be accepted, credit card only.
- Shared mats have been removed and we ask members to bring their own for use
- Staff are required to maintain social distancing. Communal telephones and computers are disinfected regularly, and staff will be encouraged to maintain workstation cleanliness and hand hygiene.
Thank you for trusting us with your health and wellness.
Please let us know if you have any questions about your safety at The Works.