COVID-19 Updates: Navigating The Works During COVID-19
We're Ready, When You're Ready!
Visit our COVID Landing Page for more details.
Please take a look at the service, program or area you'd like to visit on our website.
Each area will outline the availability, how to access, how to make reservations and how to reach us.
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 5am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 6am-4pm
Safe Care Commitment
Updated Mask Policy December 18, 2020. See communication here.
We continue to screen everyone who enters The Works and members are expected to practice frequent hand washing, wear masks in common areas and whenever possible during your workout, and to disinfect equipment before and after use. These are just some of the steps we are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Read more about our Safe Care Commitment here.
- Access to Strength and Cardio Equipment- (No reservation needed.)
- Group Fitness Classes- including Aquatics & Member-Only Zoom Virtual Classes
- Virtual Cycle Classes in the Works Cycle Zone
- Indoor Track (Walking only. By reservation.)
- Racquetball (Reservation for solo practice or with a household member / no rentals available at this time)
- Indoor Basketball Court (Reservations in the member portal and walk-in if available during reservation times. See Welcome Desk. Bring your own ball.)
- Indoor Family Aquatic Center & Lap Pools (by reservation)
- Youth Programs – Playhut, Supervised Gym, Fitspot, Homeschool Gym
- Works Training Academy: Personal and Small Group Training (Fee-Based)
- Private Swim Lessons
- Physical & Occupational Therapy (Wentworth-Douglass Rehabilitation Services)
- Wellness Center services – including Virtual HealthyCare® 90
Club Capacity Counter
To help with the traffic flow in and out of the club, the Club Capacity Counter is updated in real- time to let you know if there's room for a visit. It's a safe way for you to be able to check the status before heading to the facility! It is available to view on the website and Member Portal App.
Glimpse of our past communications:
October 1, 2020
News on Racquetball opportunities can be found here!
Please note, we've expanded the use of our basketball courts to allow up to 6 people in a half court. This includes 2 people per net. Reservations can be made in the Member Portal app. See Welcome Desk if you do not have a reservation but there is a time opening while you are visiting. Please bring your own basketball.
See member letter from Executive Director, Robert Stedman:
September 10, 2020
It has been wonderful to see our Members back at the Works this summer, and we look forward to seeing many more of you again soon as we continue to re-open programs and services. Our main priority through our ongoing re-opening has been to ensure the safety of all members, staff and visitors. I am so grateful for your patience and support as we find our "new normal."
Beginning September 14, The Works will be offering these additional benefits to members.
- We will resume opening at 5:00 a.m. on weekdays.
NEW hours will be Mon-Fri, 5:00am - 8:00pm; Sat & Sun, 6:00am - 4:00pm.
- Youth Programming returns with PlayHut, Supervised Gym, Fitspot, and Homeschool Gym.
- We'll be adding 25 new Group Fitness classes, bringing us to 55 scheduled classes each week.
Important Information Regarding Membership Dues
If you'd like to place your account on "COVID freeze," please call (603) 742-2163 ext. 806 or complete this FREEZE REQUEST FORM.
If you have been on COVID freeze since we closed on March 17, a credit for 50% off your monthly dues will be applied to your first month back upon activation. (This one-time credit is for your March dues since we closed on March 17. If you have already activated your membership, you have already received this account credit.)
If you are ready to return, you can activate your membership anytime by completing the ACTIVATION REQUEST FORM HERE or stop by the Welcome Desk. We are also happy to arrange a tour or a chance for you to experience the facility before deciding. We are ready whenever you are!
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or feedback. We are working diligently to meet every member's unique needs and offer the excellent experience you expect from The Works. We are here for you and ready to help you continue your health and wellness journey.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AT THE WORKS
Safety of our members and staff is our top priority. Social distancing will be ensured in each area by limiting capacity at the facility. You will notice smaller class sizes and fewer people on the fitness floor.
To help with the traffic flow in and out of the club, the NEW Club Capacity Counter is updated in real-time to let you know if there's room for a visit. It's a safe way for you to be able to check the status before heading to the facility! It is available to view on the website and Member Portal App.
We require reservations for certain services. See list above or in Member Portal app.
Social distancing is just one part of our rigorous infection prevention plan. We are screening everyone who enters The Works and members are expected to practice frequent hand washing, wear masks, and to disinfect equipment before and after use. Please Read our Safe Care Commitment to learn about some of the steps we are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19. (All members will be asked to read and sign this upon their return.)
- If you are ready to return and are still on COVID freeze, please submit your Request for Membership Activation here.
- If you have questions for our Membership team, please complete our form or call 603-742-2163 extension 806.
- If you wish to request a COVID Freeze, please submit your Request for Freeze here.
- If you have a question for our Fitness team, please complete this form.
- If you have questions about your Wellness Center team, please complete this form.
- If you have questions about Swim Lessons, please complete this form.
- If you have questions about our Youth Programs, please complete this form.
Wentworth-Douglass Coronavirus updates: wdhospital.org/covid19