What is it?Wentworth-Douglass Hospital’s Rehabilitation Services, Seacoast Cancer Center and The Works Family Health & Fitness Center are pleased to offer an exercise program for cancer survivors. The program serves as a "bridge" to assist in the challenging transition from treatment and rehabilitation to previous levels of functioning.
How may I benefit from the program?
Increased physical ability by improving strength, endurance, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility and balance
Increased energy level by reducing the Cancer-Related Fatigue (CRF) that 90% of cancer patients experience
Improved posture through practicing the discipline of Chi Kung
Enhanced sense of overall well-being through exercising in a positive environment with fellow survivors
What is involved in the program:
- Evaluation with Physical Therapist at WDH (fees may apply)
- 3-Month Exercise Program at The Works Program includes Chi Kung, strength, balance, flexibility, cardiovascular training
- An independent program may be available if determined appropriate by the Physical Therapist
- Full membership privileges
How to get started:
- Obtain a Physician referral from your provider to Rehab Services at WDH.
- Receive an evaluation with a Physical Therapist (PT) at WDH. The PT will determine readiness and type of exercise program. Associated costs are generally covered by most insurance companies, however, you may be responsible for any co-pays and/or deductibles.
- Receive an initial consultation with the Wellness Specialist at The Works.
- Begin the 3-month Cancer Recovery Program at The Works.
- Work with a Wellness Specialist to develop a continued exercise plan.
Have you provider fill out our referral form and fax it back to Carrie Richer 603-609-6306
Download your referral form here