April Vacation Certification?! YES PLEASE! Get certified! We are hiring!
Monday, April 25: 9:00am-4:00pm (includes pretest)
Tuesday, April 26: 9:00am-5:00pm
Wednesday, April 27: 9:00am-5:00pm
Interested in working at The Works? Ask us about a certification fee waiver!
Pretest: *First class of each session.
Acceptance into the class requires the pretest to be completed and passed. Class continuation dependent on a positive outcome.
$50 non-refundable fee if pre-test requirement is not passed
- Be at least 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards, continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Swim goggles are not allowed.
Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath.
Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Requirements for successful completion of the course include:
1. Attend and participate in all class sessions.
2. Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
3. Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
4. Correctly answer at least 80 percent of the questions in each of the two sections of the final written exam.
Participants will be granted one second attempt at the final skills practical test and as well as the final written exam. However, if after the second attempt participant is still unable to demonstrate competency of the rescue skill scenarios or a passing score of at least 80% on the final written exam, the participant will be required to repeat the entire lifeguard course again and will be responsible for paying any course fees related to that class again. Any and all fees related to the failed course are non-refundable and official documentation of the participants failure must be submitted to the Red Cross.
Pricing includes Manuals, CPR Rescue Masks and whistles!
Email us today with questions
Ages 14 and up! Get certified to become a babysitter as well as American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED certification for children and infants! Get on track for some great opportunities as a certified babysitter! We’ll instruct and train you be able to provide the knowledge and skills to safely give care for children and infants.
Contact us to be part of our next group!
MEMBER $85 NON-MEMBER $100
Materials provided. Please bring a lunch.
Members please register in the Member Portal.
If you have not participated in a program with us in the past, please call to register. 603–742–2163 x727 Questions? Contact [email protected]
Water Safety Instructor Class
Basic Swim Instructor Certification
Friday, March 25: 9:00am-4:00pm
Saturday, March 26: 8:30am-5:00pm
Sunday, March 27: 8:30am-5:00pm
Sunday, April 3: 2:00pm-4:00pm
Contact us today you are interested in becoming certified or are already certified as an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and get started teaching children and adults to swim and become more comfortable in the water.
Pretest consists of:
- 25 yards - Front Crawl, Back Crawl, Breaststroke, Elementary Backstroke, Sidestroke
- 15 yards - Butterfly
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute and tread water for 1 minute
Separate Red Cross Online fee: $35:00
- Member $325
- Non-Member $375
Contact us to learn more about how to become a certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and teach children and adults to swim and become more comfortable in the water. Must be 16 +
Interested in a class? We can coordinate a class if we have a minimum of 3 participants. Contact us for more details or if you have any questions? Email us today